Friday 10 April 2015

Here we go....

What a ride and it's almost over. Here I am sitting in Brighton just 36 hours to go before I run my first marathon. Today I picked up my race number, met some Twitter legends (!!) and had our hotel room upgraded. So far so good.



I've had a burger for lunch and pasta for dinner. A pre-race massage. Oh and caught a cold. But you can't have everything. 



So, in 2 days I'll be calling myself a marathon runner. And I'll have already made loads of money for my chosen charity New Family Social. That makes me so proud. Thank you to everyone who has sponsored me. It means so much. And trust me it will help when I need to dig in for inspiration. 

The Sunday Selfies of Maidstone have worked hard to get to this point. I have deep respect for anyone that trains for a marathon alone. I've been surrounded by wonderful friends and fabulous support. I don't want to let anyone down on Sunday. I don't want to let myself down. I want to enjoy it. I want to finish. I want to be a marathon runner. 

Oh and then in 2 weeks I want to do it all over again! (But don't mention i entered next years Brigton Marathon today!) 


Good luck everyone running this weekend. Be strong, stay focussed and believe! We're going to have a blast. 

1 comment:

  1. You're amazing. Wish I could be there to see you run. Have a good one. Love you loads xx

    ReplyDelete